RosemaryMarie actually nominated me a while ago, but I never got around to answering her questions (I’m still quite new at this, so forgive me, I wasn’t exactly sure how to go about the nomination which is why it took me a while :)) so I will first answer her questions, and then answer Octopocket’s and NoaLyn’s questions! Hope you enjoy 🙂 Chapters will resume as regular tomorrow!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links
4. Notify the bloggers you included
5. Keep the rules in your postQuestions RosemaryMarie sent me
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
Ha, this is actually super embarrassing, but it was a mirror selfie in my workout clothes. I was starting to see some more abs showing (or maybe it was just flattering lighting ;)) and decided to snap a pic!
2. If you could have personally witnessed anything in history, what would it be?
Oh gosh, I’m a huge history nerd, so it’s hard to pick. I would’ve loved to see the Beatles, one of my favorite bands, during the peak of their fame. Or maybe the French revolution, provided that I could switch back to my own time when things get too intense.
3. If you could be any age for a month, what age would you choose?
Hmm.. maybe I’d just make myself a few years younger, fifteen or so. I never really appreciated that age until now that I’m older haha.
4. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t really like strange foods :p But a typical Dutch food that most non-Dutchies find strange is chocolate sprinkles on bread for breakfast (hagelsag, if you’re curious).
5. What is your favorite book?
Hard to choose, but my all-time-fav would have to be The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.
6. Do you believe in ghosts?
7. What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
Hmm… I’m not completely sure, but I think it must’ve been about 28 hours.
8. Coke, Pepsi, or neither?
Coke! Diet Coke, though, I prefer the taste 🙂
9. What did you do for your last birthday?
I turned 18, which is the legal drinking age here in Holland, so I went out clubbing with a bunch of friends and then had a lovely dinner with my parents the next evening.
10. What is your favorite holiday?
CHRISTMAS! Only 4 more months, guys!
11. What is on your desk?
What isn’t on my desk? 😛 I usually study at the kitchen table so my desk looks like a bomb exploded on it. Clothes, books, make up, random pieces of paper… It’s a disaster 😛
Questions Octopocket asked me!
1. Do you write stories first and then screenshot or do you do both at the same time?
I usually outline the next few chapters, then screenshot them, meanwhile already thinking of some dialogue, and then I sit down and write the actual story while looking at the screenshots.
2. How long have you been playing the sims?
About 8 years.
3. If you’ve played the Sims 2, which pre-made family was your favorite?
I did play and love the Sims 2, but I never really played with pre-made families, I liked making my own. However, if I had to choose, it would be the Romeo-and-Juliet inspired families, because their houses were gorgeous 🙂
4. Where do you get your inspirations for you SimLit from?
Anywhere. Every day life, my own thoughts, experiences, books, films…
5. Ever played the Sims on other platsforms? PSP, Nintendo…
I had a Sims 2 Pets game for the Nintento DS where you had to play a vet, but that was about it.
6. Which expansion pack are you anticipating for next?
SEASONS! That is my all time favorite EP for any Sims game ever. It just adds so much and I hate that it’s taking so long until it comes out. It would add so much to my stories and gameplay. I’m very passionate about this, obviously, haha.
Also, anything that will add toddlers into the game.
7. Which country are you from?
8. What are some of your other hobbies besides writing?
Reading (obviously), theatre, exploring new cities, going to art exhibitions, watching bad reality tv with my boyfriend and drinking massive amounts of coffee and cocktails with my friends ❤
9. Out of all the sims you have created, which is your favorite? Why?
Currently it would be Allie. She’s a lot like me in a lot of ways, and I just love writing her as it comes so easy to me. But I also adore Phil and Matt. I just identify with Allie a lot 🙂
10. Do you have family members or friends that find the Sims a weird game?
Not really, although they sometimes make fun of me for it, but they mean well!
11. Favorite book to read?
The Catcher in the Rye, like I said! And the Harry Potter series, of course. But I also love reading classics and crime novels.
Questions NoaLyn asked me!
1. What inspired you to write about your sims?
Reading and enjoying other people’s sims stories. It just seemed like so much fun to make my own!
2. Do you easily get attached to your characters? Whom did you get attached to the most?
I do, but honestly, I find switching to new ‘main’ characters for a generation not so hard. I am still quite attached to Matt and Evelynne, though. They’re so cute together still!
3. If you could choose one skill of any of the Sims skills to be a level 10 at in real life, what would it be and why?
Probably piano or guitar, since I never learned to play an instrument and I would love to. Or a level 10 dancing skill would be nice!
4. Do you play with Mods/Custom Content?
So far no Mods, and just a tiny bit of Custom Content (because EA provides rubbish wedding dresses).
5. What was your first Sims game ever and how did you come to it?
It was the Sims 2, but honestly, I have no clue how I found out about it. Probably through an ad on tv or something.
6. What was your playstyle like back then – what is it like now?
I think it’s remained largely the same. I Always liked playing a family for several generations and expanding their fortune and family tree.
7. Do you speak with/to your sims while you’re at the computer?
Rarely, haha, I’m usually in the same room as other people while playing so that might be a little weird.
8. Do you have a schedule for playing/posting?
Nope, just when I have the time and energy. I do like to post regularly, though, but when school starts back up again that will be more difficult.
9. Have you ever killed a Sim on purpose? Has a Sim ever died by accident?
Never. I never understood the appeal of killing off your sims :p But yes, when I was first learning how to play the Sims 2, my pregnant sim caught fire while making dinner and died… sad.
10. If such accidents happen in the save for your story, do you include them or do you start playing from the beginning and try to prevent them?
So far, that’s never happened, fortunately! But if it did, I’d probably try to work my storyline around it. Unless it was one of the main characters, then I’d start playing from the beginning.
11. What object/feature do you overuse in the Sims and what don’t you use at all?
I overuse the same clothing and hairstyles a ton, haha. And I never use the collector’s feature. It just takes too much time!
My nominations and questions!
I have to be honest and say that I don’t follow nearly enough blogs to nominate 11 people. Sadly I just don’t have the time to keep up with so many 😦 But I will nominate those who I read the most!
If any of my nominations would like to answer my questions, here they are!
- What is your favorite country/place to visit (in real life)?
- Be honest: Have you ever made Sims-versions of you and your crush and had them fall in love?
- How much time a week do you spend playing the Sims game?
- Which Sims-food would you like to try in real life?
- What are your plans for today?
- Twins in the Sims – love ‘em or hate ‘em?
- What was the last book you read?
- Favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What EP do you think was unnecessary?
- How far in advance do you plan your chapters for your SimLit story?
- If you could live in any Sims neighborhood that ever existed, which would it be and why?